An above-ground pool is a temporarily erected structure above the ground surface. It gives you room for more flexibility as you can take an above ground pool with you if you’re relocating, unlike the inground pool which is permanent. This makes it less attractive to invest in a permanently positioned pool heater.
Heating an above-ground pool can make your experience more pleasant as you just chill in the warmth of the water while listening to the latest hip-hop music. That feeling would be bliss.
Interestingly, there a lot of ways in which you can heat your pool. Among them are: using a heat pump, using solar covers, liquid treatments, solar rings, using a pool water heater etc.
A heat source is needed for the heating of an above-ground pool. Sources of heat like pool heaters need the energy to function. This includes propane, natural gas, solar panels. Some heat sources such as solar covers and solar rings do not need outside energy source and they are cheaper.
Ways In Which You Can Heat An Above Ground Pool
A swimming pool heater is the most effective in heating a pool, but there are still other methods in which you can ensure your swimming pool remains heated.
These additional systems of heating like the solar covers or rings heat the water in the pool to remain warm. The rings also prevent heated water from evaporating. Using an additional method of heating combined with a swimming pool heater to heat and maintain the warmth in the swimming pool is a nice idea.
Found below are ways in which you can heat an above-ground pool.
1. Use of a swimming pool heater: Even though there are additional heat sources, the swimming pool heater is the most effective in heating a pool. A heating element is the major part of a swimming pool heater.
As the water begins to heat up, the heat generating element warms the water which is then transferred to the pool. There are various swimming pool heaters to choose from ranging from a solar, gas or electric-powered heater.
2. Use of a gas heater: If you’re after a fast heating system, then the gas heating system may be your best bet. This system is more affordable and offers a rapid-heating option. The use of a gas heater is easy, fast and efficient. Gas pool heaters combust gas to provide heat to the water.
A large pool consumes gas which will result in a higher gas bill, but a gas heater would be so effective in heating a small above-ground pool with enough sunlight. If you combine gas heat with solar rings for sustaining the temperature of the pool, you have discovered a nice blend for a convenient swimming pool.
3. Use of heat pumps: This is alike to water heaters as they need a source of energy to operate. While water heaters produce their heat through gas or electricity, heat pumps gather air around and disburse it into the swimming pool. The downside to heat pumps is that they are expensive to get and not easy to install, but there is an advantage as it runs with less energy than heaters.
4. Use of solar blankets and solar rings: Swimming pools lose some amount of heat due to evaporation. This indicates slowing evaporation helps to preserve warm pool water. Evaporation can be halted using two types of blankets: a solid pool blanket and a floating blanket.
Solid pool blankets have a heavyweight and need a mechanical gadget in folding and unfolding when enclosing the swimming pool. Floating blankets are cheaper than solid pool blankets and they can be easily folded and unfolded unlike the solid pool blanket and it also slows down the rate of evaporation.
Solar rings float on the surface of the water to take in energy from the sun. They are averagely-sized and they allow for easier movement around the pool.
5. Use of liquid blankets: A liquid blanket refers to a harmless liquid added to the swimming pool which generates a chemical barrier to slow down the rate of evaporation and keeps the pool warm. Liquid blankets are safe for gadgets of the pool as well as environmentally friendly.
6. Use of an electric pool heater: Electric pool heater works well for small above ground pools. They are restricted in function when heating big swimming pools due to their output and compactness. The electric pool heater absorbs water into the heating element, then it warms the water and then it is transferred back into the pool, making the temperature of the pool to rise.
Installation of above ground pools is easy and quite straightforward. If you have an above-ground pool and the water contained in your above ground pool is colder than what you prefer, you can make use of the above heating methods to warm your pool and prolong your swimming season so you can enjoy the pleasant feeling that comes with heating your above-ground pool.
Enjoy your swimming!